Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stop and Smell the Candy Canes.....

I have to admit that when I first started the Elf on the Shelf at my house, it was mostly for me.  I loved the reactions that the kids had to seeing him in all different situations.  Those first posts were pretty basic and not super creative but now that they are a little older (7 & 8) it's even more fun.  The kids send our elf emails at smartytheelf@gmail.com and tell him things that are on their mind.  Sometimes they share things with the elf that they wouldn't necessarily share with me.  

Our family, like many others, has had some especially rough times this year.  My husband is an avid cyclist and was severely injured when he was struck by a car in June.  During a CT scan to evaluate his broken pelvis they found a cancerous mass on his adrenal gland that has metastasized to his bones.  Our entire life has been thrown into complete chaos and Christmas seems to be the one thing that gives us hope and the chance for renewal.  

As I begin to prep and brainstorm for this years' Elf shenanigans I am reminded that every day is a gift and every day needs a little magic from the North Pole, where many magical things are possible.  

As this Holiday season approaches and you feel bogged down by your commitments and school programs and parties and gift buying and family get togethers I hope you will take the time to stop and smell the candy canes.  Enjoy your family even when they drive you crazy.  Enjoy the excitement of your children.  Enjoy this beautiful life.  Enjoy every single day.  









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.
XOXO -Amy

© Picklehead Soup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig